Pages

Saturday 3 May 2014

Diet reimagined

Embarrassing though it is I have to admit I've gone rather wide of the mark with my diet. To be fair I lost a fair bit and have kept it off, but the truth is I'm still rather chunkier than I ought to be.

January's success was largely down to it being dry. It's not just the excess calories alcohol contains, but the fact that my willpower is soluble.

February and March were quite busy, so it was very difficult to go to the gym. Going to the gym doesn't in itself mean I lose a lot of extra weight but it helps keep the metabolism going so I have found it is rather essential. April was more of the same.

Unfortunately my concerns about my weight are compelling me to avoid social gatherings. I'll be sociable when I'm thin! So the sooner that happens the better.

I've therefore decided to reboot the diet and start again for May.

I'm not going to go on some kind of crash diet; but I am going to take tips of a dietician colleague of mine to help me on my way. For example, she suggested using a dessert plate rather than a dinner plate for meals, as portion control is a issue for dieters. I've also promised myself that if I don't get my arse in gear and actually use the gym properly I'll give up my gym membership.

Also, I've had a little epiphany and thought about how to make dieting a bit more fun. Well, interesting really.

When things seem a bit of a trial, and they often will for anything with an element of delayed gratification (especially for me) then there is always that wonderful old trick of reinvention. That means if one strategy wears a bit thin, trying something else. Fortunately, that is where this blog can come in. My old blog was about my search for Mr Right - this one can help in the search for Mr Thin!

It is positive that I've not given up, even if progress has slowed. So, onwards!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and for reading my ramblings. Let me check it first and I'll post it ASAP