Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

Wet February, sunny October



I know we’re not that far into the year, so the Christmas break should still feel relatively recent, but the truth is I really feel like a holiday.


Husband and I and haven’t really done big holidays over the last five years. Christmas is (his) family, which can sometimes be a chore. If we go abroad we usually need to consider visiting my family. We’ve been to Paris a couple of times and we’ve had our lovely honeymoon in August just gone.

The last time I went abroad for the sake of it was with my ex, but that was right at the start of our relationship and it turned out he was embarking on an affair with me behind his proper boyfriend’s back (it’s complicated – he said they were finished, then that they were in an open relationship, etc – strung me along for a while. I was fine with it and wasn’t monogamous when with him either but that was then).

So…. Well, it occurred to me that Husband and I should bite the bullet and have a nice holiday somewhere sunny this year. Admittedly, late this year but still. Hire a villa, hire a car, and here we come sunny Corfu. In October. YESSSSSS!!! 

There are lots of reasons why not: we’re looking to buy a house so need to save every penny for deposit and the horrendous costs involved. I loath flying to a degree difficult to comprehend. We’ve never gone in for lazing around in the sun. 

Nevertheless, I was really taken with the idea and I think we deserve it. We work hard and between the saving for our civil partnership, and the saving for the much talked about house-buy we’ve not gone for extravagance much. Plus Husband really loathes his job so anything that helps keep us both sane will be good.

We already have a short break in April with friends, on a canal boat of all things. It will be great fun but again it’s not the same as the two of us on a break of our own.

Another things is this holiday is a good excuse to continue on my diet! I want to enjoy that infinity pool stark bollock naked and I wouldn't do that in my current frumpiness! Since the end of Dry January I have put on a little weight but in January I lost 8 lbs so I think wet February is going to have to become damp at best - all in a good cause.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and for reading my ramblings. Let me check it first and I'll post it ASAP